With the lockout over, I went in and activated our league from last year. We will again have football to obsess over this fall (thank god).
So, two questions to get us going:
1) Does everyone who was in last year want to be in again this year? If so, drop me a note in this thread. In case you've forgotten whether or not you were in the league (hey, last year was a long time aog), the members last year were: me, Kim, Ted, Mark C, James M, Dereck, Trevor, Brian G, Michael M, Allan, Matt S, and Lee M.
2) Were there any pressing rule changes we needed to make this year? I took a look at last year's thread. Prior to the season, the big debates were over scoring for punt return yards/TDs, playoff spots, divisions, and the schedule. As a refresher:
* Punt return yards/TDs: we couldn't settle on a way for individual players to get credited for PR/KR yards, although they do get credit for TDs
* We went with six playoff spots (meaning the top two teams get byes in the first round)
* We ditched having divisions in favor of one big 12-team super league
* We continued to go with a 16-week season (meaning the regular season ends in Week 13 and the playoffs run in Weeks 14-16).
Are we still cool with these moves?
The only other issue that I saw crop up in last year's thread was ties. We had two ties last year, which ended up having an effect on the playoffs (had the cunting Hoopleheads won instead of tied their game, they would have made the playoffs). Do we want to institute a tiebreaker of some sort this year? ESPN offers the following options:
* Home team wins
* Most QB points
* Most RB points
* Most WR points
No option for most bench points that I can see. Personally, given those options, I'd rather just continue with ties.
I can't wait for Kim to draft -- and trade -- Matt Forte again this year.